Outfir Post: Layering

A massive trend at the moment is layering, especially when it's been cold. However, now that it's getting slightly warmer and I can put the big winter coat away I'm having much more fun again planning outfits as I feel like I've got a lot more to work with. I thought it would be the perfect time to try to layer with some new dresses I've bought . So over the last two weeks I have worn these outfits and wanted to share them. The bases of the outfits are very similar, changing up the main piece and accessories.

Both outfits are linked on my 21 Buttons account if anyone would like direct links to the items.

My first outfit is based around a zebra print satin dress, which is actually from Primark...in the lingerie section at £11. A Bargain - considering at more high end shops this type of dress sells at £25+. I saw this on Keavy Gales post (another blogger)and the next time I went to Primark made sure I purchased it. I Got an XS (6-8) it fits fine, though I probably could have got away with sizing up for a bit of extra length and I'd wear a belt with it anyway so it would be fine it if were slightly baggy. I wore this for some casual drinks in town. Alternatively it could be paired with a heeled boot to make it a bit more dressy.
The second outfit incorporates the orange satin dress from my Nicky Thomas photoshoot. This time I wore a different top underneath it. This one is a short sleeved, high neck, crop from Zara, which is much more "weather wise" when the sun starts coming out without being too hot but still keeping the layers. I have a triple layered necklace from H&M and the same boots as the previous outfit (most suitable for walking in London). With this outfit I actually used a back pack from Zara, again much more practical in London.

A bit of a short post but want to keep the outfit posts a regular thing whether they are trends/hauls/styling. I do hope this was interesting and I look forward to posting again!

Thank you for reading m'loves x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childhood Arthritis

Our Anniversary Meal

A Few Of My Favourite Things