Our Anniversary Meal

I swear as you get older each year goes round quicker and quicker. So April 9th myself and Callum had been together one year. We decided to celebrate we would go for a meal and went to The Butchers Block in Burham, Rochester. The Butchers Block were also recently finalists in the Taste of Kent Awards, 'Kent Dining Pub or Bistro of the year'. So we were in for a treat. 

We decided to share a starter, mainly to ensure there was room for dessert and we were very happy we did when the biggest halloumi fries were served to us. They were huge. The halloumi fries came with a gorgeous garlic butter like dip which was so rich. Honestly the best I've ever tried, hands down.


So for mains I went for the classic butchers block burger, which was so yummy! The chips were also unreal, I feel you can really judge a restaurant on their chips and these were perfect! Callum went all in...He got a T-bone steak with peppercorn sauce and then we shared onion rings. He was so happy with his steak and I have to say it literally filled the plate. Onion rings were also a hit but I could only stomach a couple, just because of how big my burger was.



Finally dessert!! We both got the chocolate brownie which came with malt and salted caramel ice cream. I was very presently surprised. The brownie was huge and then they had this upside down dark chocolate shell which had the salted caramel in with the malt ice cream scoop on top.  Soooo yummy, I could eat that again and again. At the time I was stuffed but got through a solid 3/4 of it. 


Probably the most beautiful and tasty meal I've been for. 100% recommend. If the food wasn't good enough the staff and customer service was outstanding. We had one young lady serve us all night, she was just so lovely and accommodating! Obvs with the best company too. Thank you Cal <3 



I'll link there website below for anyone who wants to take a look at the other yummy foods on offer...

Thank you for reading! x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childhood Arthritis

A Few Of My Favourite Things